Sorry….the boring but necessary Terms & Conditions.
Please make sure you read the following before making a reservation.
Check-in and Check-out
- Check-in time : From 2 PM (Can be sooner depending on occupation of the villa in the morning of arrival). In case of arrival after 8 PM, please notify at the time of booking. Unplanned late check-in may result in additional fees.
- Check-out time: 8 AM until 11 AM unless other arrangements have been made and agreed upon by the Management. In case of late check-out without notification and arrangement, 100% of the daily rate will be charged to the Guests.
- Early arrivals or late departure times are subject to the availability of the Villa.
- In case of interruption of stay before the agreed date of departure there will be no refund.
- It is forbidden to take any object belonging to the Villa. If the Guests realizes afterwards he has taken away any object belonging to the Villa by mistake he shall ship it back to the Villa.
- Any damage (equipment, furniture, decoration, curtains, linen or towels), breakage, loss of towels will be paid immediately when noticed or upon check-out the latest.
- Bills for alcoholic or soft drinks, laundry or any other additional service(s) must be settled upon check-out or at least once a week for longer stays.
Minimum Stay Requirements
- There is a minimum 4 nights stay requirement for low season and 5 nights for high season (See Page Rates for season dates and minimum stay).
- For Peak Season (Christmas & New Year, Chinese New Year, Songkran…), the minimum stay is 7 to 10 nights.
Transfer to Bliss Villas
- Unless specified otherwise at the time of booking and except for special rates, standard rental rate includes both transfers from and to Koh Phangan pier in Thong Sala upon arrival & departure and is limited to 2 transfers per Villa in total : 1 upon arrival and 1 upon departure. Transfer from / to another place may also work if the location is within the same area.
- In case of late arrival or delayed, Guests must notify Villa management the day before scheduled arrival. As pickup at the pier is offered to the Guests, please notify at least one day before the scheduled boat arrival time. In case of boat missed or change of boat, the Guests must notify immediately the Villa management. Failure to do so may imply that the Guests will need to arrange his own mean of transportation to the Villa.
- A security deposit of 30,000 THB (or equivalent in any convertible currency) is required upon check-in. The security deposit is to be left in Cash only and will be returned to the Guests upon check-out and in the same currency as it was received by the Management.
- In the event that the Villa or its immediate surroundings incurred damages or any breakages during the stay of the guests, unless caused by intruders, the costs may be deducted from the security deposit. This excludes normal and acceptable wear and tear.
- The condition of the property will be judged by the management or the representative of the property based on the inventory made during the check-in. If the value of damages or breakages exceeds the amount of security deposit, the Guests will be held liable to pay the outstanding amount to the Villa Management before leaving Koh Phangan.
Payment and Cancellation Policies
- In order to confirm the booking a 50% deposit of the total rental cost must be paid by the Guests. Remaining balance is to be paid 60 days prior to arrival.
- If booking occurs less than 60 days before arrival date, then the full rental cost must be paid to secure the booking.
- Unless stated otherwise at the time of booking, all cancellations made by the Guests are subject to penalties below:
- If the Guests cancel the reservation more than 60 days prior, 50% of the total rental cost is forfeited.
- If the Guests cancel the reservation 60 days or less prior to arrival date, 100% of the total rental cost is forfeited.
- For rentals during the Peak Season, 100% of the total rental cost is forfeited in case of cancellation.
- For cancellation of part of the reservation (shorter stay), the above penalties apply to the cancelled nights. In any case the shorter stay cannot be under the minimum night requirement.
- In case the Guests wishes to shorten his stay after arrival, the nights not spent in the villa will not be subject to any refund or compensation.
- Failure for the Guests to arrive at Bliss Villa will be treated as a No-Show and no refund will be given.
- In case the Management has to transfer back funds due to a cancellation, bank fees may be deducted from the amount transferred back (depending on mean of payment). As amount transferred back is always in Thai Bahts, amount then received in the original currency may also be different from amount sent at the time of booking due to exchange rate that will be different at the time of booking and time of refund.
- In case Bliss Villas needs to cancel a confirmed booking in the event of Force Majeure (including but not limited to: obligation to close down by local authorities, civil unrest, natural disaster or severe weather event) or any unforeseen event beyond our control that prevents Villa Management from being able to honor the conditions of the booking, Bliss Villas has the right to terminate the booking by giving prior notice to the Guests and will return any deposit that had been made for this booking to the Guest. In case of a short notice (less than 5 days), Bliss Villas will return deposit amount immediately and will make his best effort to relocate the customer in a similar accommodation in the same area.
- Payment before arrival, in particular payment to secure the booking, can be made either by Bank Transfer (Swift), secured on-line payment by Credit Card or through Paypal.
- Once in the Villa, any payment can be done either by Cash or Credit Card. We accept major credit cards (Visa, Matercard, UnionPay). Please note that we add a service charge of 3.5 % for any payment using credit card.
Change of Reservations
- Any changes made to the reservation dates after confirmation can be arranged depending on availability of one of the Villa. If change of date cannot be satisfied because of occupancy, the Management will propose other availability. If those do not match the customer’s requirement, the customer may then cancel his reservation under the cancellation conditions.
- A change of dates of stay will be considered only if asked at least 3 days before the date of arrival of the original stay.
- Change of reservation date is free of charge. Please note that rate may vary if the new reservation dates do not match the season (and therefore daily price) of the original reservation.
Guest Policy & Capacity
- The booking is for a specified number of people.
- Maximum 6 guests in the Villa and 1 additional child under 12 years old per bedroom, sleeping on an extra single bed provided, but limited to 2 children sleeping in extra beds in the whole Villa. Additional cost for use of extra-bed is 1,000 THB per night per bed and 500 THB per night for baby cot. If additional child is below 2 years old and you require a baby cot and high chair, please enquire at time of booking as we have a limited number of cots.
- Only the specified number of guests listed at the time of booking or upon check-in may reside on the premises. The number of registered guests given at the time of the booking is the maximum number of guests allowed.
- Social events (limited to 20 people), but not parties, are permitted, however the invited guests are not allowed to reside in the Villa and stay overnight if the total number of people exceeds the total amount of maximum guests allowed in the Villa.
- Please also note that if the Guests invite unregistered guests into the Villa during their stay, they will be held responsible for any trouble, accident, theft or damage that may be caused by the invited unregistered guest(s).
Due Care and Supervision / Indemnity
- It is understood that the Guests are responsible and liable for the safety and well being of other guests and third parties while staying at the Villa. Guests are required to take due care during their stay and take precautions such as supervision of children in the gardens, near the entrance, on the beach and in the ocean and near or in the swimming pool. All children must be under the direct supervision of an adult at all times.
- Guests are required to wash thoroughly if covered with fluo paintings from the Full Moon party or any other parties as the stains cannot be removed from bed sheets or towels.
- It is strictly forbidden to use any fireworks in or around the Villas, on the beach or anywhere in the property.
- Damages or injuries resulting from the above mentioned scenarios are the responsibility of the Guests. The Guests indemnify and hold the Villa Management harmless and free of liability resulting from such claims that result as consequences of accidents leading to injury or loss of life.
Commercial Activity, Events or External Providers
- Organisation by the Guests or the Guest’s supplier(s) of a wedding, wedding party, performance, show, concert, fire show, seminar, in-house massage, Chef service, any sports or dive course at The Villa or on the premises is strictly prohibited without prior consent of the Villa Management. In case of violation, the Management will be entitled to charge a percentage or fee of such organized event and charge any fee (including cleaning fees) related to any damage caused by the event or activity.
- In the event that The Villa is being used by the Guests for any illegal activity, any commercial activity / activity involving money transaction, the Management shall be entitled to terminate the rental agreement with immediate effect and ask the Guests to leave the premises within the hour.
Conduct and Behavior
- When renting the Villa, the Villa Management maintains responsibility for the appropriate behavior of the guests. If any guest behaves in an inappropriate manner, the Villa Management or their representative, at their absolute discretion, may ask the offending party to leave the premises. In this case, no refund shall be claimed by the Guests.
- In addition, the owner of the Villa or representatives of the owner reserve the right to enter the premises at a reasonable time in order to gain access to complete repairs or perform maintenance.
- Noise must be kept at a reasonable level, especially from 11 pm to 8 am while neighboring guests are sleeping.
- Social events in the Villa are permitted but however limited to 20 people
- Private Sound Systems (except from small portable speakers) are not allowed anywhere in the Villa or in outdoor areas
- No smoking policy inside the Villas.
- The guests are required to use any outdoor area with provided ashtray for smoking.
- The Villa management reserves the right to charge for deterioration due to smoking and / or for curtain laundry.
We love animals but sorry pets are not allowed
- Valuable items such as passports, cell phones, cameras, travelers checks, cash or jewelry should be stored in the safety deposit box provided in each bedroom of the Villa. Neither the Villa Management nor the staff can be held responsible for any valuables left behind, lost, or damaged.
- Entrance door and all bay windows should be locked before leaving the Villa or at night when going to sleep.
- Please make sure you don’t forget any belongings when departing from the Villa. Any items left behind may be sent to the Guests home, provided that the item is of reasonable size and after payment of the shipping expenses.
The Guests are required to promptly report any malfunction or failure in the Villa to the management or the staff.
- Except for special rates , utility costs are included in the rent* unless stated otherwise at the time of booking.
- The Bliss Villas abides with an eco-friendly policy. Therefore, we kindly ask the Guests not to leave water taps open and to close bay-windows while air-conditioning is in use. Besides, we request that all air-conditioning must be switched off when you need to go out or stay long outside of the Villa. Villa staff may perform action in order to comply with this policy.
* However the included electricity usage is 90 KWH per night (or with a different limit for special rates), which is considered normal and comfortable usage of all devices in the Villa for 6 people per day. Intensive usage over the stated limit will be charged per additional KWH.
Interior furnishings must remain inside the Villa and only designated outdoor furniture can be used on the exterior.
Daily Villa Cleaning is included in the rate. However if upon Check-out the state of cleanliness of the Villa is below acceptable, extra fees will be charged to the Guests. Amount can vary depending on how long it is necessary to put the Villa back into a clean state.
Linens and Towels
- Linens and towels are provided by the Villa and due to our eco-friendly policy, linens are changed every 4 days, once more if necessary with extra-charge. Bathroom and beach towels are changed every 2 days. Additional charges may apply if more frequent changes are needed.
- Laundry of personal clothing by a third party can be arranged at the Guest’s cost, the Villa Management shall not be held liable for any loss or damage by the third party.
- Guests are required to have both liability and comprehensive travel insurance that provides coverage, including, but not limited to, cancellation, loss and damage to baggage and other property, and flight delays. Guests should also carry health coverage that includes, but is not limited to evacuation and repatriation. The Villa Management shall not be held liable to you and your party for any and all claims, including any accidents related to the use of the property, facilities or locally procured third party services such as, water sports, car or motorbike rental, etc.
- Please not that usually such insurance is provided through major credit cards on the condition that the airplane tickets are bought with that card.
In the event of incidents such as fires, floods, civil disturbances, severe weather and any other type of delay, inconvenience, or expenses caused directly or indirectly by events outside of the Villa Management’s control, the Villa Management shall not be held responsible.
Any problems or complaints that occur during the rental period should be discussed first with the local staff. If the staff is unable to quickly resolve the issue, please consult the Management who will rectify the situation to the best of their professional ability. The Villa Management cannot be held liable for issues such as interruptions to water supply, electricity, Internet connection, cable TV, or breakdowns of pool filtration systems. The Villa Management will do everything within reasonable expectation to avoid complaints in the first place, and it should be understood that when staying in a less developed and remote resort location, the infrastructure, local standards, and conditions are typically less developed than in urban environments. In case of complaints, Guests should do it within 24 hours when the issue occurred. Complaints made after checkout will not be considered.
Social Corporate Responsibility
Unlawful possession, use or consumption of any illegal substances is prohibited in the Villa. Unlawful behavior is also prohibited.
- Staff is present on the property for your safety and for you comfort. Their role is to change linens and towels, clean the Villa and swimming pool, operate maintenance and take care of the garden and surroundings. Should you need to organize additional services or any other special enquiry, please refer to the Villa management.
- Asking staff to look after minor children is not allowed.
- The Guests must allow staff such as pool maintenance workers and gardeners access to the grounds in order to complete their work.
Villa Rules and Regulations
The above rules and regulations are agreed with the Guests upon check-in. The Villa rules are listed in the Welcome Book inside the Villa and the Rental Agreement (signed on the ‘Check-in form’ upon check-in) can be viewed here.